Monday, February 11, 2008

Cereal Containers...

Today I had the chipperest day in as long as I can remember. I must say that I can not figure out what people who don't work or learn or have a set schedule do with themselves all day every day. I don't think I would be able to handle it or entertain myself for that long. But I must admit, there is something VERY special about having a day off or even a morning off every once in a while that makes you appreciate life in a whole new way.

This morning it's not like I got to sleep in, and I certainly didn't have a lazy morning and a huge breakfast but I accomplished a ton of stuff (with help of course) and now that's another 2 major things that can be semi-crossed off my list. I spent a morning with my mother and my awesome-almost-soon-soon-sister-in-law and we ran simple errands. (Well, as simple as errands come when you are in the final stages of organizing a wedding anyway.

First stop was to try on sheitels, which was amusing beyond belief. (I had NEVER imagined wanting one, but as time crept on by I realized that as much as my hair annoys me, the thought of never having hair to show off again or to twirl around my finger on long bus rides was pretty sad. So I decided to get a band-fall. The trouble was, after finding THE PERFECT band-fall which matched me exactly, I tried on a full sheitel and I actually really really liked it. So, now I have the dilemma of which one to get...It's ok, I have until Sunday to think about it.)

Second stop was in Geulah/Meah Shearim to order the 'mincha/maarivs' for the wedding. We went to the little place and the guy was quite helpful. Hopefully we'll have them by the end of the week.

After the errands I took Mommy out for a bagel breakfast and then we drove around in circles (sorta) to find parking near Town. It was then that I headed to the office and Mommy went off in search of shoes. I don't know if she found any shoes, but I definitely found the office and a mountain of work waiting for me. Still, I persisted in being chipper and smiled my way through everything.

After work I stopped at the shuk to pick up some whole-wheat pitot, (cause we were out again) and then I figured I might as well walk back to The Ranch. Of course, when I got to the T.M. point I decided that a real shopping spree in the grocery store couldn't hurt, so I went in and picked up a bunch of essentials (including delipecan cereal which was on a 'buy 1 get 2 free' sale...right Daddy?) ;)

Back at The Ranch I just babbled and babbled for about 4 hours to Rivkah and then I decided to try and organize the music that I want at the wedding. So I spent a couple of hours going through all of my Jewish music and looking for the perfect song to walk down to the chuppah to.

Shosh called, which was nice and we got to shmooze and catch up on current events. She'll be back in Israel on Sunday and I am rather looking forward to it.

I can't believe that my wedding is in 16.5 days.

I think I am nervous and slightly freaking out.

This can't be happening!!!

Aaaaahhhhhh!!!!

4 comments:

TJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TJ said...

I say get both of them....

Bob said...

Yes, variety is good! Buy one, get two free? ^_^

Thanks for the advice, by the way.

~{~~@ said...

Awwww. you chose a song??? I cant wait!
I'm so excited about the shietle by the way!!
MIss u loadsssssssss