Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Pastrami?! Ugh!!!

It was one of those funny days. Oddly enough a second 'good' Tuesday in a row. Work was ok, I didn't do much for most of the morning and I was given minimal work in the afternoon but I did answer the phone a whole lot and Facebook changed its layout at some point which sort of added some interest to the day.

Yesterday TJ and I went out at the end of the day to pick up salad stuff and 'good' deli. I was planning on making a BIG deli salad for dinner. However, since Akiva came over and I didn't want to share my deli with Zsh, I suggested pizza. Then when Zalman agreed to make pizza, I got in the mood for pizza, so I figured I'd save the salad.

When I woke up this morning I cut an enormous container full of salad, cut some deli into 'squares' and made some honey-mustard dressing. It was without a doubt THE BEST lunch that I have had in AGES!!! (Ages meaning since Zsh made that DEEELICIOUS chicken-pot-pie a few weeks ago...but it was still THE BEST lunch that I've had at the office in ages.)

My bosses are supposedly planning a ''going away dinner" for me at Entrecote (some newish meat restaurant near Har Chotzvim which is supposedly VERY good.)

I'm kind of finding it hard to believe that I'm actually leaving my job. It's been just shy of 3 years since I started working there and it's been just short of 2 years since I started working there full-time. Wow. That's a lot of hours.

Today I wore my 'Croc' flip-flops. They are riduculously comfortable to wear because the cushion feels SO nice to the soles of my feet. The only problem is the chupchik between my toes. I feel like it pushes my toes apart all day and at the end of the day I feel like there's a huge circle indent where the chupchik was. Oh wait, there is. Stam stam. Not really really. Just really-ish. Maybe it's my imagination.

I picked up Z from work today and we went and met up with 3 of his friends. The guys had a car so we drove out to the baguette place, ordered our food 'to-go' and took it back to The Ranch to enjoy a meal. Funny guys. Funny times. Quite an enjoyable evening.

I really need to file my nails. They've gotten ridiculously long. I am SO tempted to go for a manicure, but it just doesn't seem worth it. I'll have to consider the options...

2 comments:

Bob said...

You're leaving your job? =O Congratulations!

tnspr569 said...

Sounds AWESOME!!! :)