Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Ding Dong! You're Wrong...

Salutations and greetings and blah dee blah dee blah.

Freddie sent me a reminder that I'm supposed to remember to update a little more ofen-ish. So, that's what I'm doing. I guess I kind of let updating slide (this time) because things are getting into a boring routine again. No drama makes me vey very bored. (And now that I'm married I don't have boy drama, since I'm not working there's no office drama, since I barely speak to my family there's no family drama, since my friends are basically all busy and/or far away there's no friends drama...you get the idea.)

Mostly I've been keeping myself busy. Between cooking, cleaning, class 5 days a week (walking 2.7 kilometers to and 2.7 kilometers from class 5 days a week - and twice on Tuesdays) and all the other random stuff you need to do to keep a place of residence in somewhat decent order, I just don't find much time to pleasure-type. There's also the fact that I usually use the computer for school-related stuff, so when I have free time I'd rather do something like latch-hook or reading a book. ;)

How's school going? So far so good. (I know, I keep saying that - but it's true.)
  • Computer graphics are moving along we're almost finished with Illustrator (and though I still very much dislike the pen tool) I'm relatively proficient with it.
  • Graphic Design is totally a 'snore-class' (meaning I wish I could sleep through it.) The teacher seems to feel that she is the ONLY one who knows what a 'good' or 'acceptable' design is and she seems to like flaunting all of the 'wonderful', 'incredible' and 'amazing' designs that she's come up with (*cough cough* not so impressive. Charedi book-covers? Come on! Seriously.)
  • Web Design (although tedious and tiresome in HTML) is actually a lot of fun. We have one more session (tomorrow) on HTML and then we're moving on to CSS. We learned all about image maps today and after I finish this post I need to work on my homework - an image map with polygons...(wish me luck.)
  • Photography is actually really fascinating. The teacher is a super-professional and he started off the course with a history of photography & cameras. Then we moved on to the mechanics of how the camera works and all of the technical details of apertures, shutter speeds, ISOs, focal lengths and more. Next week we'll be meeting at the open-shuk for a session 'out in the field' I can't wait.

Photography is actually supposed to be a 2 part course. The first part is the basics and the second part is serious studio photography. Although I had originally signed up for both parts of the course, I decided to opt out of the 2nd half - because I would need to buy a 'real' camera for it. (For the record, 'real' cameras cost between $1,400-$2,500 for a low-end model.) Instead - I decided to put the money towards the (ridiculously expensive & ridiculously fun) Adobe Suite so that I can put my graphics skills to work. Of course, complications have arisen regarding my ability to run the programs (since my laptop has neither the memory available nor the power-capacity to handle the graphics heavy programs.) Next investment, a new computer. *sigh*

In other news, Zalman managed to get 'exemptions' from both his physics (well, first semester anyway) and math classes. That means that now he only has to go to school 3 days a week. :) Yay for actually having some time to see my husband! (Or should I say, Yay for my husband actually having some time to see me...)

We spent last Shabbat in Bet Shemesh and this Shabbat will be another quiet weekend at home. Gosh, hard to believe it's Wednesday already. I should probably start cleaning the house so that I can cook tomorrow.

Hahaha, I'm domesticated. Hahaha...

1 comment:

Freddie said...

Mine eyes are burning! but at least I made pancakes...well, html girl, are we going to hear from you this week???the word verification says "radject"