Wednesday, May 13, 2009

HodgePodge

Lately I've found myself a bit confused regarding the date, month and sometimes even year. I am convinced that it is a direct consequence of not being in a setting where the date actually matters. (Unless of course it's Friday, in which case I should probably be getting ready for Shabbos.) I find it pointless to wear my 'just for show watch' (which I have trouble reading due to lack of numbers) and checking my phone doesn't really help because a few seconds later I've already forgotten the hour. Lately it's even hard to tell the season thanks to the random changes in the weather patterns. Hot, cold, hot, cold, sandy, cold, hot... Yeah, you get the picture. Ok, maybe not - but this is my soapbox so just do me a favor and smile & nod. Thanks much.

So, what's happened this week so far? Sunday was a quiet boring sort of day, class in the afternoon and not much else going on. Monday morning Becca and I went out to the shuk to do some grocery shopping for the Lag B'omer bbq which we hosted for Freddie, Phil, 2 friends of Freddies and Z even made it home on time to eat with us. Tuesday was a 'don't leave the house day' - I got dressed because Akiva came over (it was his b-day so I even made a cake) but aside from loads of dishes, I didn't do much. And that brings us to today - Wednesday. I decided that a 2nd day of 'not leaving the house day' was a bad idea - so I went to the gym, cheaperkol, bakery, local office supply store and then made my way home. (Yay for 6 km of walking and a workout!) Oh, and I was SUCH a good girl - I refrained from indulging in an iced coffee. Yes, that's a BIG deal for me. So, pat on the back please. Thanks again.

Back at The Ranch I looked through 7 years worth of photos. (2003-current.) Gosh, Avi was so cute, I was so skinny, Brenda was such a dork (hehe, I REALLY DO love you and you've turned out as QUITE the beauty so don't worry!), Oxford Court was - ok, I'm not sure what, and Daddy hasn't changed... Anyway, it was A LOT of pictures. I'd love to make something out of them - but I'm not quite sure what to do. I'll have to think about it.

Now it's 4PM and Z won't be home from school for a few more hours. I've calculated that it will take me about 30-40 minutes to make dinner (with all the chopping, cutting, cooking, boiling, stirring and washing. Yeah, there's lots of washing to do. A whole bunch from yesterday too. Ok, I'm not going to think about that now.) so if I need to leave 40 minutes tops to make dinner then that means I've got another 2 hours and 20 or so minutes of free time until I'm not home alone going stir-crazy and sort of out of my mind. Comforting.

No comments: