Wednesday, November 11, 2009

"I'll Be Fine..."

Today I did it. I actually left the house!

I went allllll the way to the other side of town and ran an errand that I needed to run.

Then I walked 1/3 of the way home and stopped off to check out the 'local' fruit and veggie store. (I'm still new to this city - so I'm still learning where the best places to buy certain things are.)

After buying some veggies I made my way to my friend's house. We spent some time at her house reading funny cookbooks and tasting yummy chocolate and fudge before deciding to make donuts.

We needed some ingredients and decided to shop and then go back to my house so we walked another 1/3 of the way home and picked up the ingredients that we needed. I was lazy so we grabbed a bus back up the BIG hill.

The donuts were a HUGE success! However, by the time they were finished we realized that both our hubby's were almost done with school for the day. So - I convinced her that she should have her hubby come home with my hubby and that we'd all have a yummy dinner and dessert together.

We ate our donuts first and Mushroom & Onion Calzones and a Pizza later we were very very stuffed.

It was quite a nice day.

I rather like having friends in my neighborhood! Especially ones who will come and experiment in the kitchen with me. :)

If you'd like to see some pictures from today then just click here!

Tomorrow another adventure but that's a story for tomorrow...

1 comment:

Shosh said...

Sounds like a blast... Better than my day today