Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Turkish Coffee Grinds...

I woke up at 6:00 this morning. Why so early? Not a clue. Especially considering I didn't have to be up until 8ish. After checking Facebook and my e-mail (neither of which were overly entertaining or exciting) I went back to bed to stare at the ceiling for a while.

At 8:10 I got up again and baked a batch of double chocolate chip muffins. (Speaking of which, if anybody can ascertain whether my muffin tins are smaller than typical muffin tins I'd be happy to give them a free muffin or five. I'm a little confused because the recipe claimed I'd get 12 or 13 muffins out of it and somehow I wound up with 18 regular sized muffins and 6 mini-muffins. I don't mind - I just put 9 of them straight into the freezer - but I'd really like to know where they get these 'servings' statistics from.) Regardless of the quantity quandary the muffins were scrumptious. Definitely needed a cup of coffee or milk to help them down, but yummy through and through.

The dud-chashmal technician arrived at the house at 9:58AM. He fixed the boiler in under 5 minutes and tested it to make sure that it was working properly. It was and I was ecstatic! I gave the nice man a cup of coffee and a fresh chocolate chip muffin for the road and after locking the door behind him I took my first delightfully steaming hot shower in almost 2 weeks and the 'dud' had only been on for about 10 minutes! Pure bliss.

I spent my afternoon puttering domestically around the house. I watered the plants, got rid of a grasshopper (a second grasshopper I might add - since Z had caught one at 8:30 and taken him out to the front of the building and this second one showed up at around 11:30), I washed the dishes that had piled up from dinner last night and the muffin-baking this morning, I made the beds and I even considered sweeping the floor - but I was just too lazy for that.

Truth be told I'm not sure where my day went. I know that I watched a movie, checked 3 websites for job openings and spoke on the phone for a grand total of two hours and ten minutes but I can't remember doing anything else of importance.

On a positive note I made ridiculously delicious Macaroni and Cheese for dinner. My 'Zippy Cheese Sauce' has NEVER and may I repeat NEVER tasted this good!!! For all you folks who missed it - well, you really missed out.

This morning I downloaded all of our 'Monday Night Shows' so that Z and I would have something 'new' to watch tonight during 'unwind from school time' - that's the time before 'homework time' when Z pretends that we're spending 'quality time' together because we're both sitting in the same room and watching the same thing. Endearing, ain't it? (Note to readers: Z defended his actions by saying something along the lines of, "blah blah blah.")

Tomorrow I've got to go out and buy a whole lotta fruits and veggies because tomorrow night I'm making oven-kabobs and will definitely be needing many veggies. As for fruits - I'm making an apple pie for Shabbat - partly because that apple tart last week got me in the mood for apple pie but mostly just because I love apple pie!

3 comments:

Shoshana said...

2 hours and 10 minutes on the phone? Who took up the other 15 minutes? ;) I wnated to come for supper, but..... Well I guess we both got stuff done today. Don't shlepp those fruits and vege's like I did. And btw... I take credit for the apple pie craving!!! Thanks a ton for today again! Very much appreciated.
BTW.... does anyone else read your posts of late?

Deborah said...

yes shana, I read them!!

Cant wait to see you both soon

Anonymous said...

Yes some of us still do read the posts! I guess it is a family thing I too made cheese sauce. And as for the apple pie... I am planning on Apple Pie Cupcakes!

Yo' Meanma