Sunday, January 31, 2010

Happy Between B-days Z!

Shavua Tov everybody! I know, I'm posting more pictures instead of actually writing what's going on. Honestly I haven't got the time or patience right now to blog properly so this will have to do. Hey, at least I'm making the effort.

Last week Z and I made an awesome pizza for dinner. Do you see the cute little bow-tie pastas sticking out from under the cheese? It was improv ziti-pizza and Z's side had mushrooms too (just so we could say that it was a 'well rounded' meal. Also cause he likes them - but that's besides the point.)
This past Shabbos we had a whole bunch of fun guests. Ayala and her brother Yoni came from over on Sde Eliyahu and the Koplen siblings joined us for the meals. It was funny to have a sibling weekend without any of my own. But Fredso was just here last week - so I guess I can't complain. The food turned out really deliciously. Notes to self: marinating Sara Schapiro's Tomato Chicken overnight makes it taste REALLY delicious, use 'big' salt in potato gratin and don't be afraid to sprinkle it on good!

These 'everything' cookies were a real hit last week with the girls and a single batch pops out 60 at a time if you scoop them with the itty-bitty scooper so I made them again. They're Peanut-butter Oatmeal Chocolate-chipsters and they are good! For the record, I didn't burn them this week and yeah - turns out they're supposed to be a dry/crunchy type of cookie. I think they go GREAT with a glass of milk and the salty/sweet ratio is awesome.Mr. Twisty came out to play for a bit. Do you notice his funny little googly-eyeballs? He's actually sleeping snug in his little plastic containment home here. Can ya see it?
And the most important part of the weekend was the half-hearted attempt at celebrating Z's English birthday. I put in a whole bunch of effort but he's not so big on birthday celebrations. On the bright side - I took the Fishmans' advice and went with a yellow cake with chocolate frosting. It turned out beautifully and tasted divine! I'll definitely be making it again! I stuck with a thin layer of frosting since Z isn't a sweet-tooth kind of guy and I didn't have any chocolate sprinkles so I opted to put on some chocolate shavings and curls.
Random Note: Another reason I love when Ayala comes for Shabbos is because she always takes leftover baked goods to give to the soldiers at the random checkpoints on the way from our house to hers. It's a super-easy way for me to feel like a nice person and I know that the chayalim will definitely appreciate it. So I sent her out with a whole bunch of cookies and a goodly number of an assortment of muffins! Now I gave treats to some soldiers and made room in my freezer all at the same time! It's brilliant I tell you!

Alrighty - I've got to get back to work, but stay tuned for some really yummy stuff coming your way a little later this week. Z's Hebrew birthday is Wednesday night/Thursday - so if you forgot his English you can still get 'timely' wishes in.

Who knows - maybe this will be the week that I finish this nightmare project and get moving on my own stuff...

I'd be happy to get out of the house and do some fun stuff. Maybe even see some friends.

That would be nice.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Mr Twisty - his names wiggly miggly isn't it? Thats what ours used to be called!! I loved those things!!!
ohhh memories