Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Purple Orchids

I'm exhausted and it's not even 4 PM yet. Not a good sign.

I woke up at 6:45 and walked in circles for lack of anything better to do. (I figured that it was too early to bang pots and pans or to wash dishes.) At 8 I started working. First I put a load of laundry into the washing machine, then I made the peanut-butter candy-coating for the apples and dipped them. I was extremely pleased with the results and the candy actually adhered quite nicely to the apples. I moved the apples to the table to let the candy set and popped a whole lot of popcorn. I then washed the dishes that had accumulated on the counter since I made mushroom barley soup last night and stuck a second load of laundry in the machine. At 10:00 I left for town to run 2 errands.
I was back home by 11:45. So at 12 I cooked up the caramel coating for the popcorn, coated it and stuck it in the oven to bake/crisp/dry out/set - or whatever it does in the oven. The I had a quick lunch with Z - thank heavens for our freezer full of soup - today it provided us with a delicious tomato vegetable soup.

Then Z went to school and I wrapped up the apples in cellophane with a bit of raffia. Next I put away the dishes from the first batch of washing and washed the next batch which had accumulated on the counter-top. I then folded 3 loads of clean laundry and started packing for the weekend.
Now I'm procrastinating by blogging even though I still have to wash the stove-top and counter, sweep & wash the floor, make dinner, finish packing and do a whole other bunch of little things.

So, in short I'm just kind of wondering - is it nap time yet?

No comments: