Wednesday, March 17, 2010

"Built-in Sharpener!"

This morning I popped out of bed at 7:03 hyper as ever.

I wandered around the apartment aimlessly for a while.

At 9:30ish Z decided to get up.

Then we colored in coloring books for a while.

He left for school at 12:45 and by 1:00 PM I was fast asleep on the couch.

I woke up when he got home at 3ish and did a little bit of latch-hook.

At around 5:30 I decided to put together some dinner. Suffice it to say dinner was an attempt to get rid of some leftovers. I added the leftover roasted garlic to the last few potatoes (in mashed form, of course) and broiled a filet of 'Amnon' fish for Z.

I'm feeling a bit better today and even snacked on some cornflakes this afternoon to prove it.

Tomorrow I hope I'll be up to the challenge of going grocery shopping. I've got to pick up a few things for Shabbos.

I thought it would be a quiet weekend, and we were going to go to a neighbor for a meal - but turns out there's a neighborhood bris and we're invited to the seudah - and since it's actually taking place on our side of town we'll be hosting a couple for a meal and for sleeping - which means I have to make more than just chicken soup and enough main-course for 1 person for dinner. I don't mind. Really, I don't. It just means I actually have to get some 'fixins' for the meal. Cause, we're kind of mostly already up to 'week and a half before Pesach concoctions' - you know - where you figure out what you can make with what you've got IN the house so you don't have to buy other stuff cause you want to get rid of what you've already got.

Gosh - this is a crazy holiday coming up. Seriously. Speaking of which - I have really got to vacuum out the couch. Why, the other day I found a whole...oh never mind.

Anywho - the menu is planned out, and tomorrow I've seriously got to do laundry (yup, again.) I guess it's about time to change the linens in my room and I've still got to decide what sort of yummy dessert to make for the weekend.

Tomorrow night I'm thinking of experimenting with some 'oatmeal dinner rolls' for dinner - the recipe looks heavenly, but I've still got to figure out what to make with them. Maybe I'll surprise Z and make something meat...

I guess we'll see.

No comments: