Friday, March 12, 2010

Burnt Nuts...

Where'd the last 2 days go? I blinked and they disappeared. Seriously!

Wednesday morning we did our Yesh shopping. We caught an 8:30 AM bus and were Home again with everything by 9:50. Z went to school to work on a project and I honestly can't remember what I did. Maybe I did some latch-hook? I can't even remember what we had for dinner. Gosh, I must be losing my mind. I do remember that we organized the guest room. Meaning, we took everything off of the shelves and organized, reorganized and then put everything back onto the shelves.

Thursday was quite the busy day. I started off with a trip to Mercaz Ariel. I mailed off all the letters and picked up my package, I bought some nuts at the health-food store, I did a quick perusal of 'Mega' but didn't see anything exciting and then I went back Home. I started cooking for Shabbos in an attempt to procrastinate cleaning the bathrooms. Suffice it to say - by the time 8 PM rolled around Shabbos was essentially cooked and I'd made a delicious dinner with the 'extras.' Dinner consisted of mushroom quiche, baked & spiced potato slices, and tomato soup (which I pulled out of the freezer.)

This morning I popped out of bed at 6:45 AM. I waited until 7 to turn on the Kitchenaid (cause I'm nice like that) and I made my chocolate mousse (which I put in a graham-cracker-crust and sprinkled with chocolate sprinkles.)

Despite yesterday's procrastinatory efforts I wound up scrubbing both bathrooms from top to bottom and I sanitized the kitchen garbage can while I was at it.

On a nice note - I really enjoyed pulling 3 kinds of cookies and brownies out of the freezer and knowing that I've got more than enough desserts for the weekend.

As I mentioned earlier this week, we're having 3 guys sleep over plus one local guy is joining us for the meal tonight.

Menu:
Friday Night: challah with roasted garlic, chumus, pickles, stuffed grape leaves. Non-chicken soup with matzah balls. Sesame chicken (or tivol on a bed of onion with mushrooms for the vegetarian), white rice, green peas and pineapple kugel.

Shabbat Lunch: Challah, Chumus, Potato Gratin, Mini Tomato Onion Cheese Quiches, Tossed Green Salad, Oriental Linguine Salad, Couscous Salad and Chickpea Salad.

Have a great one!

Til' next week!

No comments: