Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sprytlee (sp?)

7 AM is the new 10 AM and that's why I get up then. Ok, not really - but the explanation makes me feel a little better about it. Ok, not really. Alright, not at all. I just wake up early. I can't help it.

I was feeling significantly better this morning so I walked Z down to school (after feeding him mini-quiches for breakfast and forcing him to take a deli sandwich for lunch.) Then I continued on to Mega and picked up the few groceries I needed for Shabbos. Said hi to a neighbor, chose out my potatoes and even snagged 2 Pesach cakes for 10 shekels each. (Don't tell Z though - he wants to go buy some next week - if he remembers...) A bus came after a '5 minute' wait and the front door of the building was (thankfully) not locked.

I unpacked the groceries, washed the dishes from dinner last night, put a load of laundry into the machine, cleared last weeks old leftovers out of the fridge and contemplated cooking for Shabbos.

I'm not quite in the mood yet.

I really want to make oatmeal dinner rolls for - I'll bet you guessed it again - dinner tonight.

Since I'm defrosting a whole tray of shnitzels for Friday night (since I'll probably need more than just 2.5 strips of pot-roast to feed 4 people...) I figure I can steal some for a nice nutritious dinner tonight. (Won't that be nice? I thought so too.)

Now I have to decide how to cook them all.

I'm kind of leaning towards a honey mustard and crumb coating for Shabbos and maybe just BBQ sauce tonight. (Since I've got a tiny bit of Jack Daniel's stuff left in the fridge...hehe - not that I'm letting that influence my decision. Ok, maybe I am. But just a 'little' bit.)

Actually that sounds great. BBQ chicken sandwiches with spiced potato wedgies. I'm liking the sound of this.

Thanks for brainstorming with me.

Whoops - the washer just sang its merry little 'I'm done with this load' tune, so I'm gonna go switch stuff around.

Till later...

No comments: