Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Bread & Butter

Golly gee that was a long week hiatus and now I have officially returned.

*Applause*

First off - a HUGE thank you to Saba & Savta for taking us on an awesomely fun Pesach vacation. It was wonderful to spend a week with the extended family and the best part - we didn't have to make the beds or wash any dishes. (Well, except for the knives, but that was our own fault.)

We spent the week in style at a hotel on the beach. We go-karted, learned how honey is made, hiked, swam, relaxed, studied for tests, pretended to do homework and all sorts of other fun stuff. Here's a link to my pictures from the week. 130 photos isn't too shabby (even if a few of them are stolen from Mommy's camera...)

Luckily for us Freddie agreed to drive us Home after the holiday and we were Home in 45 minutes - as opposed to the 2.5 hours it took us to get to the hotel the week before.

Today was relatively laid-back. Woke up on the early side and did some working and organizing. Washed 3 loads of laundry and folded them (though I admit they have yet to be put away.) I also read a couple-hundred pages of the book Mommy gave me and checked facebook compulsively a few times just to make sure I hadn't missed anything. I caught up on tastespotting.com and tried to figure out what to make for dinner.

I took a stroll down to the nearest grocery store - which means I got a nice 2 km walk out of the day and picked up some cheese, flour and soft-whipped-butter.

Dinner turned into a nice affair. Fresh homemade white bread, tomato vegetable soup and blondies for dessert.

More about tomorrow - ummmm, tomorrow?


No comments: