Monday, April 12, 2010

The Watering Hole

Quickish Updates:

Didn't do anything useful or worthwhile yesterday. Didn't even bake the bread. I know - pathetic.

Today is shaping up to be much the same as yesterday. (Although I've spent about an hour and a half researching the best possible way to compile a cookbook of family favorites without much luck.)

Yesterday there was a horrible sand-storm and the weather was unbearably hot. Today the air has cleared but it's cold and windy outside.

I'm actually washing some laundry - I guess that's a good thing. Maybe I'll even get around to straightening up a bit.

Yesh shopping has been postponed until next week due to green snotballs and upcoming 'holidays' in far-off-towns.

We figured out our route to Kibbutz for the weekend. Each direction will take about 3.5 hours, 2 buses and a 15 minute car ride. First we've got to get there on Friday and then we've got to get home on Sunday. Have I mentioned that there's a heatwave predicted...over 100F?!?

I really should go take a stroll since I've got a letter to drop in the mailbox - but the bottom of the mountain seems so very far away and I'm rather comfortable in my pajamas.

Macaroni and Cheese for dinner tonight - if I don't get too lazy to make it anyway.

Happy news? I put the ice-cream maker bowl into the freezer - maybe I'll make some mint-chip ice cream next week!

No comments: