Wednesday, May 12, 2010

מחקים

General wrap-up of today. Z's classmate didn't come over. (That's the 2nd time this week I've cooked because I thought someone was going to come over and they didn't show up. I should really learn my lesson.)

I was desperate for homemade chunky tomato sauce on my pasta for dinner but Z got all OCD about pesto (because I mentioned it in passing in the wee hours of the morning) so we wound up having pesto on our pasta.

Behold the pretty purple basil from The Polly Gardens:
The new garlic knot recipe was incredibly amazing. The dough was soft and wonderful. It rose beautifully and baked up like a dream. The crust was crispy and the inside was soft and delightful. The knots absorbed just the right amount of garlic oil and *sigh* all I can really say is - Yum.
Now that there's so much extra pesto leftover I'm thinking of baking up some of these Pesto Rolls to snack on. I'm on a serious yeast kick, though I'm not sure why.

Tomorrow I've got to cook up the chicken soup (2 HUGE pots - enough soup for this Shabbos and for 'Boys Shabbos' the weekend after Shavuos.) At least I've got challah in the freezer. Yay for BIG batches and lots of freezer space!

I'm gonna go brush my teeth (again) those knots were awesome but combined with the pesto - I'm gonna be tasting garlic for the next few days - at least...

No comments: