Thursday, May 13, 2010

Cha-Grin

The end of the day is just about here and I'm back with a 2nd post. (I know, I know - sometimes I disappear for weeks on end and other times all I do is ramble on twice a day. It's all about equilibrium - but mine's off right now - so just smile and be happy that I'm rambling at all.)

I was barely productive today - but I did some useful stuff. For example, I washed 1 load of laundry. I also cooked up about 6 liters of chicken soup - which should be enough to last us for this Shabbos and the next 2 or 3 (depending on how many guests we host.) I took chicken out of the freezer to defrost for Shabbos and cooked up a batch of kasha. I'm not sure what to do with the kasha yet. I've got 1/2 a roll of puff-pastry dough so I could make kasha buttons - or I could just mix it with pasta and ta-da kasha varnishkas. So many choices - it's hard to decide.

Truth of the matter is - I haven't really figured out my menu for Shabbos yet. Friday night: roasted garlic, chumus, challah, chicken soup with matzah balls, chicken of some sort, a starch of some sort, a vegetable of some sort... Shabbos lunch: lasagna, salad, something else...

Like I said - I haven't really sat down to figure it out yet. Which is kind of a problem since it's Thursday. Doesn't really matter - I've got the dessert all picked out - so everything should be A-Okay. Plus we've got a melon in the fridge - so we definitely won't starve.

My big accomplishment for today was sorting through the 1400 photos from our wedding and choosing out my favorite 130. I'm hoping to send them to the photographer so that we can get our pretty digital album before our 2.5 year anniversary.

I just completely lost my train of thought because the doorbell rang. I was going to ignore it but then realized it was probably the flower-seller. For the last few weeks a nice kid has been selling flowers door-to-door for Shabbos. He's got a fine selection, they're cheaper than the place in the mercaz and they save us 40 minutes on buses on Friday mornings - all in all - it seems like a good deal to me. Anywho - this week's bouquet has a big happy sunflower and - oh heck - here's a picture in the last of the day's light...
I don't know why I'm worrying about food for Shabbos when I still haven't decided what to make for dinner tonight. I was supposed to make chicken stir-fry but forgot to defrost the chicken and I'm not really all that hungry. *shrugs* I just hope Z isn't too hungry when he gets home from school - and if he is he can pick at the chicken from the soup.

More blabbering will follow just as soon as I think of more stuff to share...

No comments: