Friday, May 14, 2010

Tough Noogies

It's Friday again. I didn't bother getting out of bed until 8 this morning. (Partly because I was awake from 3:00-4:30AM thanks to insomnia and then again at 5:00AM for a mosquito killing spree - which I won.)

The mosquito killing count is currently - L:12 vs. Z:5.

So far this morning I've made lasagna (a medium size one for lunch tomorrow as well as 3 'weeknight meal' size ones - which are the perfect amount for us, with a nice green salad on the side.) I also made a big pan of Apple Struesel Bars - that I mentioned yesterday. They smell awesome - like an apple pie - but without all that crust making. I've very excited to try them.

I finally decided on kasha buttons only to find that the puff-pastry dough that I had in the fridge was molding. (I guess it's not quite as eternal as I'd thought.) So I'm trying to choose something else to do with the kasha. In reality I could save it for next week and make real knish dough - or get more puff pastry...

There's not too much left to do for Shabbos so I'm relaxing on the couch and eating chocolate pudding with a fork. (Cause it tastes better that way.)

I guess I should go finish up in the kitchen. Roasted Garlic, Roasted Veggies, Chicken and Couscous are all that are left. Shouldn't take too long.

Have a great Shabbos!

4 comments:

lars shalom said...

abo shabbos

Judith said...

is there a regular place to find the recipes to the things you mention? it would be nice not to have to pester you, but, here I am pestering nonetheless. Shavua tov! Can I have recipe for: Apple Struesel bars as well as garlic ties? tnx!

Lorelai said...

I usually make the recipes into hyper-links in the post - so clicking on them should take you directly to the page with the recipe.

Here are links for the -

Apple Stresel Bars (they were more incredible that I could've hoped for - all the best parts of apple pie in a neat bar form): http://www.thebohokitchen.com/2010/05/apple-streusel-bars.html

Garlic Knots: http://www.natalieskillercuisine.com/2010/04/garlic-knots.html

Judith said...

Yes, Yes, thank you!! I just noticed the hyperlinks for the first time today reading your latest entry - they are a very subtle shade lighter than the surrounding text and I guess I just graduated to subtlety! More questions via different forms of communication... : ))