Wednesday, June 30, 2010

3 Whole Weeks?!

Well - yesterday marked the end of my week-long birthday(s) celebration and the beginning of the 3 weeks. Nothing quite like fasting on your birthday. Oh - did I mention that the internet stopped working at around 12PM (which by default meant we had no phone-service - cause we have a Netvision phone line) and then from around 5-6PM we had no power and minimal water pressure (which is to say - none or just a very very little trickle.) Yeah - and it hit 93F inside the coolest room in the apartment. What a wonderful day.Break-fast was nice though. Luckily the power came back on in time for us to bake the sourdough loaves. (It would have been a shame to let them go to waste - considering how much work went into kneading and shaping and 4 hours of patience to let them rise...) Z had fish and I had a bowl of potato soup accompanied of course with some of the fresh bread.
This morning we walked down to the PO Box and checked the mail. I got really excited that the slip had arrived for my cute little cookbook! Ok - it's only the first of 5 and is prohibitively expensive to print - but it's soooo darned cute! Now I have to figure out who to give it to. There are just too many choices!
For some funny reason my stomach was not so pleased with the whole idea of 'eating' after the fast and as a result I spent most of the night awake and feeling - well, let's just stick with the term 'icky' to keep things as simple as possible. So - after a cool shower I put on some clean pajamas and am hoping to feel better soon.

I feel silly because I didn't do any work yesterday (granted there was no internet so I couldn't upload/download anything) but I could've done a few small things - at least until my head started hurting and the power went out anyway. Now I am thinking I should do some work but I'm exhausted (probably from being awake all night) and don't really feel well enough to sit in front of a screen for any extended period of time.

Speaking of which - I'm going to end this post now.

Til' next time...

No comments: