Thursday, June 10, 2010

Decisions - Decisions

Wow - so I didn't do anything today. Thursday passed me by and I didn't wash even 1 load of laundry, didn't clean the kitchen counters, still have a ton to make for Shabbos and I'm not quite sure when it's all going to get done.

We had Koplens over today. Ora had a final at 1 - so we took it easy this morning and then after her final she came back with her brother and the relaxation continued with sushi for lunch and a movie.

As far as cooking goes, I took chicken soup and matzah balls out of the freezer. I also took out chicken wings to defrost (cause I was too lazy to go shopping for other chicken parts.) Finally at 6pm I decided to make the mushroom barley casserole (just to get the mushrooms out of the vegetable drawer) and I made mashed potatoes for the pot-pie.

Menu is as follows:

Friday Night - Roasted Garlic, Chumus, Chicken Soup with Matzah Balls, Pesto Chicken, Garlic Rice and Roasted Root Vegetables

Shabbos Lunch - Chicken Pot Pie, Mushroom Barley Casserole and a Tossed Salad

I made Chocolate Chip Cookie Brittle for dessert and that's that. (Although if there is extra pie dough from the pot-pie (and I'm not feeling too lazy) I might make a small Apple Pie as a special treat.)

Z is currently brewing up 6 liters of our favorite 'Not Quite Snapple'.

In other news - I've figured out how to print the first version of my cookbook. Actually I should say cookbooks. Now they're going to be a really cute little 5 book set and each book will contain 30-40 of my favorite recipes.

The topics covered will be:
  1. Breads, Soups & Salads
  2. Sidedishes, Sauces & Spreads
  3. Dairy, Fish & Vegetarian
  4. Meat & Poulty
  5. Desserts & Confections
Upside - I'm going to get something done.
Downside - It's really expensive to get a book published. (Seriously, how much do paper and ink cost?)

Anywho - when all is said and done the 5 book set will cost somewhere in the range of about 300 shekels a pop. (And yup - that's just to get it printed in a neat little book format, I've got to do all the typing and layout work myself.)

Hopefully the cuteness factor will outweigh the cost factor - you know - like it supposedly does for a baby or a puppy...

No comments: