Sunday, June 20, 2010

Space Cowboy Pirates...

First and foremost Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there! (Aren't Hallmark Holidays just the funnest?)

Friday morning turned out to be quite enjoyable. We attended an upsherin on the other side of town - which meant that we were in town - so we picked up flowers too. It was nice to see so many of our friends (sadly, we don't get together much - because we're too lazy to leave our mountaintop.) The client never called (and I was out of the house) so I was able to relax a bit.

I cooked all of our Shabbos food in about 20 minutes at around 6PM - (challah (from the freezer), roasted garlic, baked BBQ wings, spicy roasted potatoes, peas and couscous.)

Shabbos lunch was really nice. We walked 3.5 km to our friends the Zacks in Rova Bet. They had invited another young couple (new to Ariel) to the meal as well. After lunch we made our way over to the Lockerman's and spent the rest of Shabbos there. Z learned to play a new 'resources' game (crazy Germans with their colors and rules) and we snacked on their newly acquired American candy stash as soon as we were 'pareve' from lunch. It was a wonderful day and we really enjoyed being out. Company really helps the time pass much more quickly.

This morning I woke up bright and early (a little before 6) and after typing up a bunch of recipes for the cookbooks I decided to do some odious chores. Down on my hands and knees I got to disinfect and scrub out the shnasty cupboard under the kitchen sink. (The last thing I need is for it to start molding in there. *shudders* yuck!) Now it's all shiny and white again. Yay!

I want to put up another batch of bagels today - but I need some more bread flour. (If I'm gonna make them, I might as well make a lot of them.) This time I'm going to try the 'regular' version of the sourdough bagels - that is to say - I'm going to use a new 'sponge' in place of the sourdough starter - to cut down on the sourdoughiness.

We're smack-dab in the middle of Z's finals period so he's been super-busy studying for exams and working on projects. (I hope nobody calls me demanding that I finish work 'now' - cause Z will be using the 'big computer' for his projects for the next little while.)

Good news is that I'm waiting for 1 more photo and then I think the 'Desserts' volume of the 'cookbook' is done. It looks really cute. (Well, I'm relatively pleased with how it turned out - on the screen.) It's very photo-heavy but I think that's kind of nice. Anyway - I'm not printing it to sell for profit, it's just a way for me to compile my favorite recipes to share with my friends. (I'm going to start printing them so that I can give them to friends as wedding gifts. Personal, nice and useful - well, I think so anyway.)

2 comments:

shoshana said...

What if your married already and got a gift????

Lorelai said...

Lol! Shosh you probably have all the recipes already. ;)

Anywho each book costs 60 NIS to print - so if you want the pretty layout in a little hardcover book and wanna pay for printing cost I'll gladly order for you. (Remember, I haven't gotten a paycheck since Aug. 2008...)