Saturday, July 17, 2010

By the Star...

Shabbos was nice, quiet and relaxing. I did all of my cooking late Friday afternoon and timed everything so that I could start and finish just in time to pop the food out of the oven and straight onto the plata.

Friday night we enjoyed chumus and roasted garlic with our challah, chicken soup with matzah balls, sesame chicken (which got to marinate for about 18 hours before cooking which made the chicken deliciously tasty and tender), couscous and some perfectly cooked peas.

Lunch today was light and delicious and included potato knishes, tomato onion 3-cheese quiche and a vegetable platter served with chumus for dipping.

I managed to read about 1,400 pages between Friday night and today. All in all quite an enjoyable way to spend a delightfully warm and sunny day.

As a special dinner I decided to make a messed-up form of baked ziti for 'melava malka' - I say messed-up because I made it with spiraly noodles which I drowned in tomato sauce and then mixed with Parmesan cheese. Oh yeah - and no baking went on.

Tomorrow I begin undertaking a number of projects that are on my 'to-do' list. Hopefully I'll make some progress. Z is going to be busy for all of the day and most of the night (if not all of it) working on his project for Monday. I'm assuming he'll also be up most of tonight as well - he napped this afternoon to make sure he'd be rested enough for yet another bout of 'all-nighters' - isn't that exciting?

Anywho - I'm off to finish the last 200 pages of my book. Might as well - it's going to be a long night...