Sunday, July 25, 2010

Ouija Said So

I guess I need to start with Friday. Aside from a disagreement over pesto - which ended up as za'atar chicken - Friday was nothing special. I got in the mood for something cake-y but didn't want blondies (cause we had them last Shabbos) so I made a funfetti cake - a 1/2 recipe of yellow cake which I stirred confetti sprinkles into before baking in a 9" round pan - and just for some over-the-top decadence - after the cake cooled, I sliced it down the equator and frosted between the layers and the whole shebang with ultimate-chocolate frosting. (Shosh - I LOVE the recipe you gave me. I made 1/6th and it was more than enough for my 1 round cake.) Kitzur - I made a super-special cake and rationalized it by pretending that it was a Happy First Anniversary Cake for Rik & Yehuda Miller - who weren't going to be able to indulge in the sinful deliciousness that I'd created anyway - not only due to distance but also due to gluten and sugar contents. And so - as any good sister-in-law would do I indulged for them.
Shabbos was nice and quiet. I read 2 Juliet Marillier books and slept a lot. I also ingested waaaay too many BBQ pringles and a lot of the aforementioned cake. (I'm gonna say it's a good thing though - since it was the first time I was actually hungry in about 6 weeks.)

I bit my nails down to nothing again. Not sure why. Could be because Z's finals period is stressing me out more than it's stressing him out. I really can't wait for it to be over.

Today Z is taking the laptop to Givat Shmuel to find out whether we're getting it repaired or getting a new one. Then he's off to Nes Tziona to pay a shiva call. He should be home sometime tonight - hopefully before 1AM this time.

SO I'm spending all day alone today.

Exciting prospect, huh?

2 comments:

Rik said...

Thanks for eating cake for us! I want cake now! With frosting... I miss frosting the most (not cuz of the sugar, but because of the corn starch in powder sugar.)

Yehuda said...

"I made a super-special cake and rationalized it by pretending that it was a Happy First Anniversary Cake for Rik & Yehuda Miller - who weren't going to be able to indulge in the sinful deliciousness that I'd created anyway - not only due to distance but also due to gluten and sugar contents. And so - as any good sister-in-law would do I indulged for them."

Thanks Lori! The pictures looked so good i almost feel like i ate your cake.