Monday, July 19, 2010

Parasitic Ailments(?)

Sunday was super boring although I actually managed to get some stuff done. I made a flyer for the conference, laid-out a chapter of a book and typed up a whole bunch of recipes for the next cookbook. As predicted Z pulled an all-nighter but I went to bed at around 2AM.

The morning rolled around too quickly and before I knew it the clock read 9 and I had finished reading the 5th book in the series that I've been making my way through for the fourth time.

Z left for school a little before 10 and after sharing the bagel recipe I got in the mood to make a batch of them myself. They really don't take very long to put together and even these 1 day ones taste pretty good. (Although, they seem to be even better after they've been frozen.) I was a little lazy so I didn't make any onion ones and stuck with the easy to sprinkle dry toppings I had on hand such as; garlic powder, salt, poppy seeds and sesame seeds. Of course I left a few plain too. A single recipe of dough made 14 bagels (6 large and 8 medium.)

Alrighty - I'm off to start reading book 6. Z has a 'lunch-break' from the presentations from 1-2 but he isn't home yet so maybe I should get some lunch ready before he gets here.

Hard to believe that tonight Tisha b'av begins. I'm not sure how I'm going to make it through the fast.

No comments: