Thursday, July 08, 2010

Rush of Energy

Yesterday was decidedly boring until the sun started to set. I made pancakes for breakfast and the waited around for something to do. Then suddenly we had guests and then I had to run out to get my messy tiny little eyebrow hairs waxed off. (Sorry if that's too much information - I'm looking for stuff to write!)

I'm a little upset with myself because I should have worked on Saba's book - but after finishing the last load of neverending project stuff, I felt like I needed a mindless break. So, instead I started laying-out the 'Breads, Soups & Salads' cookbook. I imported all of the recipes into InDesign and even added the pictures that I had on file. (Although I only seem to have photos of the breads - and 1 of the soups and 1 of the salads...) I am kind of on a deadline for the cookbooks because I really want to send a set to Moushkie for her wedding - and that's in August (along with 2 other weddings...)

Z and I have been watching 'America's Got Talent' as an 'unwind' show. It's like a bunch of youtube clips in TV show form. It's light and entertaining. (Can you tell that I really haven't got anything exciting to write about?)

The plan for today involves finishing up the laundry, straightening up the apartment, packing the backpack, going to Jeru to meet up with the family after Z's exam, dinner in the city, the ride to Bet Shemesh and then we'll be in The Sun House for the weekend.

I'm trying to decide what to do with the sourdough starter. There's quite a bit in the bowl - because I had thought about baking this week - but I never quite got around to it. Maybe I should bake a loaf to take with us? I just can't decide. I think I'll discard and feed it and then put it in the fridge. It should be alright until Sunday or whenever we get home. I hope...

No comments: