Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Ariel-ian Hiatus

The wedding Sunday night was absolutely beautiful. Full of ruach and a class-reunion for Freddie. It was really quite a wonderful evening.

Monday morning was jam-packed full of random errands. Ez had a drum lesson, We picked up an Rx for me and then stopped by the pharmacy to pick up the vitamin D drops (the dr. decided I should take 6 baby vitamin D drops every day...on top of all the other pills I'm swallowing.) We drove through RBS on a mission to free the vacuum cleaner (it was being held captive at a 'repair shop' in a sketchy underground parking lot.)

Later in the afternoon Freddie organized her room (I kept her company) and I accompanied Meanma to SuperH to pick up some groceries.

Dinner was awesome grilled chili chicken and crash-smashed-baked-potatoes (which were really tasty and everybody seemed to enjoy. Note to self: small red-skinned potatoes make this dish awesome.) Summary of dinner - it was super tasty.

Z & I debated our plan of action for the upcoming week/weekend and I made the official decision to extend our 'weekend' into a full-blown 'crash by the parents' week including 2 weekends. Number 1 they've got a/c and secondly - I'm not sitting home all alone all day without any social interaction. It's crazy how much happier I feel when I actually have people to interact with during the day. Must be a psychological thing.

Anywho - we were supposed to have guests for Shabbos so we're telling them that there has been a change of venue for the weekend and inviting them to Bet Shemesh instead. I'm hoping they'll be ok with that - because it's gonna be a whole lot of fun.

I think I'll go shower, get dressed, do some laundry and make pancakes for breakfast.

Though - my heart goes out to Z who has class in Ariel tonight - gosh, what a shlep.

2 comments:

Shoshana said...

I believe those drops taste good. From the few times I actually remember to give them to my kids they truly enjoy it....

Lorelai said...

They're chock full of caramel flavor. Mmmm mmmm good. At least they don't taste like cough-medicine. That would be super-annoying.