Monday, August 09, 2010

Creme-eee

Z's alarm rang at 6:30 this morning - so I've been awake since then. He caught a 7:30am bus into Jeru for his first day 'on the job' at an architectural-firm. This internship is supposed to be a learning experience and will look good on his resume - but it's a little sad for me to spend all academic year alone and now all summer alone.

Today I was kind of a good little housewife. I washed 4 loads of laundry (from the last 2 weeks - since we hadn't been home for a whole bunch of days) and I changed the sheets on our beds. I didn't wash the dished or clean the bathrooms or wash the floors though - I was too downright lazy.

On a happy note the results from part of my bloodtest came back - mostly everything is within normal range and the problems are not being caused by creepy bacteria in my guts. It's something else - which I'm kind of grateful for - cause bugs in my guts was kind of a creepy thought. Anyway, I'm still waiting for the results on the gluten-test - for some reason they still haven't come back. Maybe tomorrow. Oh yeah - and I managed to schedule the ultrasound for next week - I consider that an accomplishment because I had to speak to five clinics in 4 different cities in order to find one who actually does the test and who had appointments available sometime in the relatively near future. After that it's off to the gastro and hopefully answers. Lots of answers. And then - feeling like a healthy normal person. I just can't wait!

I'd also just like to say that shopping-online is a lot more fun when you can actually get something. Otherwise it's a serious killjoy. I don't know why people torture themselves like that.

Tonight for dinner french-fries (baked) and baked little white fishies (seasoned with olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and a thinly sliced clove of garlic.) I love it when dinner costs a total of 10 shekels and the same thing in a restaurant would cost 60. It makes me laugh. Why DO people go out to eat?

2 comments:

Shoshana said...

B/c going out to eat is still so darned good. I think gluten tests take 1-2 weeks to come back. Hatzlocha.

Devorah said...

Hatzlacha and hope you get good results!