Sunday, August 08, 2010

Greps?

On Friday I went to a(nother) dr. about the whole weight-loss and nausea thing - (cause losing 12 kilo in 6 weeks is worrying.) He sent me for a whole lot of bloodwork and some other tests - then I get to go see a gastro. Isn't that exciting? Maybe now we're finally on the way to finding out what's wrong with me.

Shabbos was awesome. That about sums it up. Even though Meanma and Phil were away - we had a special guest and the food turned out amazingly. The funniest thing was playing Rummikub with Ez and the Dibble - cause colorblindness makes it a really funny experience. Which one is green? Which one is brown? I thought the colors were; red, orange/yellow, blue and black. Ah well. Who knew?

This morning I woke up bright and early and went to have the blood-test done (they sure did fill a whole lotta vials! I lost count after the 4th - it was a grand total of either 5 or 6.) I really really REALLY hate needles.

After being poked I walked back to the house and baked up 1 loaf (1/2 a recipe) of honey whole wheat bread for breakfast. (It is really yummy with peanut butter.) Freddie baked about a hundred cookies to take to her friends at camp and then we piled into the car. Freddie dropped us off at Home on her way to Tzfat - which we really appreciated.

I found a zucchini and 2 carrots in the fridge that needed to be used (desperately) and with the addition of an onion, sweet potato, white potato, a can of chickpeas and 1 thing of tomato paste we had ourselves an incredibly delicious vegetable sauce which we ate over some couscous for dinner.

I love couscous - it's ready in just 5 minutes.

2 comments:

Rik said...

I hope everything works out ok for you! *Hugs*

Lorelai said...

Eh, worst case scenario - I drop dead. Right?