Sunday, August 15, 2010

Happy Returns...

I just want to gloat for a second - cause this is my little corner of the blogosphere and it's where I can express my excitement and sheer happiness.

I've been tracking my weight loss for the last couple of weeks - cause a whole lotta pounds suddenly disappeared when my appetite disappeared about 2 months ago.

Although the weight loss seems to be a direct result of the 'not eating' - there's no real way to ascertain that the weight loss is actually due to the digestive issues that I've been suffering from.

See, back when I got married I put on close to 50 pounds in a matter of weeks - thanks to some really bad hormone pills. It was one of the worst times of my life because I had actually worked so hard (for about 4 years) to shed those exact pounds in 12th grade and after high-school and they came back even though I hadn't changed my diet and even though I was exercising more than I ever had in my life.

Even more frustrating was the fact that even when I changed my diet and added more exercise to the routine I couldn't lose any of the weight.

In the last 2 months I've lost 40 of the 50 pounds that I gained back in the spring of 2008. I'm just 10 pounds away from the weight that I was and have always wanted to be.

I'm going to assume that my body finally got over its hormonal difficulties and balanced itself out.

Truth be told it wasn't the weight/size issue that was getting me down as much as the fact that I had no nice clothes to wear. I refused to buy a 'bigger' wardrobe because I refused to accept being the size that I was.

Now for the exciting part - with just 10 pounds to go about 85% of my 'old' wardrobe fits me again. That's a lot of my pretty clothes that I haven't worn in about 2 years. I feel like I went on an insane shopping spree - and even better I liked everything that they had on sale so I got everything in the store! I am beyond thrilled to have my 'old' clothes back and now I have to find a bazillion reasons to wear them all!

I've already chosen my outfits for Rosh Hashana and Sukkot!

I can't wait to break out the denim jacket and my black tiered skirt!

I'm counting down to the winter so that I can wear all of my pretty sweaters!

Even the teal colored Israeli overshirt fits me again and it looks adorable!!!

And the very best part - now I can wear my gorgeous old/new clothes with my brand new Emu boots that I got on super-clearance sale at the end of last season!

Ok - I'm going to go jump up and down a little bit more in sheer excitement and glee!

1 comment:

Shoshana said...

So happy for you!!!!!!!!!!