Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"I'm Preferred"

It's Tuesday - which is a happy day - because Z doesn't work on Tuesday. Meaning, Tuesdays are the new Sunday here at our house - which is kind of nice. It's like have mini-weekends all week - every week. Although he does have AutoCAD class from 5-9PM - so we really only have most of the day - and he always has one friend or another coming over... Anyway - at least we get a nice morning together.

We utilized this morning really well. We took a walk down to Mega and got a bazillion impulse buys. I don't even know when I'm going to eat all the stuff. I haven't consumed that much food in the course of the past 2 months - let alone a week. Good thing Pringles don't spoil - I had to buy them - they were buy 1 get 1 free.

There was about 3/4 cup of pesto leftover form last Shabbos - so I finally decided to be slightly less-lazy and baked those pesto-rolls that Z had been begging/(read: bugging) me to make. While I was at it I also baked a dozen cinnamon buns. (Cause they all freeze well and now Z can take them for on-the-go-breakfasts.)

I finally ordered myself a new laptop. It's crazy how much the prices have come down and how powerful the machines are. The cheaper-range of models can do everything I need them to be able to do. It's amazing! (And no - I didn't get a Mac - cause Macs cost 4X the price and do the same exact thing except that they aren't compatible with 80% of the rest of the world.)

I certainly have been knocking back a whole lotta pills the last few days. Some anti-spasmodics for my gut, vitamin D, folic acid, vitamin C and more! I don't even feel like I need to eat - I'm so busy swallowing pills all day. Fun fun fun fun fun! Now I just wish I'd feel better.

Freddie called me with some super exciting news. Seems the fambily is looking for Shabbos plans - so they're coming to us! It's gonna be so much fun! Yo'Abba is finally going to get to hear Z make kiddush - it's gonna be amusing. Chaval I can't take pictures on Shabbos. I guess it's a good thing I didn't make up a menu yet - cause I'm definitely going to need to go grocery shopping again.

Anywho - I've got to go package up all the baked goods and stick them in the freezer. Then maybe I'll watch a movie or something relaxing like that.

**Edit - 9:52PM: I was a good wifey. I cooked up some chunky tomato sauce for dinner and served it over pasta (partial bags of 2 different shapes that were in the cupboard.) We sprinkled it with Parmesan and it was delish! Also - we got a sneak peak at the new neighbors who will be moving in upstairs, 2 guys. I guess I know where next year's leftover Shabbos cookies are going...**

No comments: