Thursday, September 16, 2010

1 Goose - 2 Geese - 1 Moose - 2 Meese?

I like 2-post days because they keep me motivated. That being said - I'm not sure I'll post again today because sometimes I just forget all about it. Back to my original train-of-thought - when I list my 'goals' in the morning then I try to accomplish them - otherwise stuff kind of falls by the wayside.

And just for the record - when I complain that I haven't done anything all day and that I haven't been productive - it doesn't mean I literally sat around doing nothing all day (although sometimes that is the case) - it just means I didn't obtain any sense of fulfillment or feeling of accomplishment from the menial chores I actually did do. I know I should be able to find enjoyment and accomplishment in everything I do - but I'm working on it. Sometimes it's just hard to feel like washing dishes is a victory which deserves celebration when in fact all it seems to be is another thing that needs to be done. Point is - I'm working on it.

Aside from waking up at 2 in the morning (and finding out from my personal santa that I've got a whole lotta presents waiting for me in MerryCa) it was a pretty regular night. Z was such a sweetie - he made me a hot water bottle to take to bed cause my tummy was feeling all ick-ified (for the record - that is officially a real word - according to me anyway.) I love when he does small really thoughtful gestures at exactly the right time.

I got up again at 6:30 when the alarm rang and spent some time replying to e-mails and writing birthday messages on Facebook.

Now it's 9:15 and I've sent Z off to work with breakfast and lunch, done 2 loads of laundry (including stripping the beds so I could wash the sheets), taken a chicken out of the freezer to defrost, put my chicken soup up to cook, and cleaned the really dirty and crumby gasket on the freezer with vinegar.

In theory I should go to the grocery store and pick up the last few things I need for the seudat hamafseket but I'm not feeling so great. I'm also a little paranoid to leave the house because we're supposed to get a delivery sometime today or tomorrow. (We ordered a folding table and some plastic chairs to put in the sukkah! Hooray! This year we won't have to shlep the dining room chairs outside and squish around the teeny-tiny table. It also means that when the mishpacha comes to visit there are enough seats for everyone! :) )

I've got some more neverending project work to do - booklet layout. Then maybe I'll do some cleaning; bathrooms, kitchen - stovetop and counters.

Maybe I'll bake that challah kugel for sukkot.

Did I mention - Z ate the 7 hot-dogs last night so now there's tons of space in the freezer. Hamayvin Yavin.

Oh yeah - and I have to figure out this kreplach business. Maybe I'll make with potato filling cause I don't have any ground-chicken laying around.

I'm sure I could find other stuff if I looked hard enough - but I don't think I'll bother.

For now - toodles...

1 comment:

Rik said...

7 hot dogs??!?!?!?!?! 7?!?!?!?! He seriously has to have a stomach of steel. Or they don't make him burpy. I like hot dogs, but I hate burping them up after.