Saturday, September 25, 2010

I Love Fethtival Thpiwit!

Shavua Tov and Moadim L'Simcha!

The weather on Friday had me slightly worried cause it was so hot but today was actually quite nice. It stayed an even 80F in the apartment. Thankfully the temperature dropped a whole lot once the sun went down - now it's pleasantly chilly. Personally, I hope it stays like this.

Cooking for Shabbos was finished in good time. I wanted to have the oven turned off as early as possible. Thankfully everything worked out and I even got to scrub down the stove-top and counter-top.

Ayala, Yoni & Abe all joined us for Shabbos.

Friday Night Menu: roasted garlic, chicken soup with matzah balls, tomato basil chicken, garlic rice, peas, glazed sweet potatoes.
Shabbat Lunch Menu: tossed green salad, garlic-y pita chips, pastel, deli roll, carrot kugel, potato kugel.
Sheudah Shlishit Menu: sun-dried tomato pasta salad, garlic-y pita chips, sliced veggies (red peppers, carrots & cucumbers) and chumus.

Have I mentioned how incredibly delicious the challot turned out? These are the ones I was raving about making last week. I used 3.5 cups whole wheat and 6ish cups of white flour. The loaves are light and fluffy but with a satisfying taste to them. Oh - and don't forget the fillings. The sweet struesel challah tastes like a decadent babka while the onion-crumb loaves are just salty and delicious!

Now it's time to straighten up and get some sleep. Lots of stuff to do tomorrow.

No comments: