Friday, September 17, 2010

Resignation

Another Yom Kippur with a stomach flu. Isn't this fun?

Woke up bright at early (not counting the 2am escapade involving shouting neighbors) it was 7am. Spent an hour dealing with my stomach then collapsed back into bed and rested for another hour.

At a little after 10 Z went down to the grocery store to pick up the few last-minute things for post-fast. Meanwhile I put the chicken in to roast and cooked up a pot of creamy mashed potatoes.

Nice early shower, impressively enough there was plenty of hot water even though it's been cool out for the last few days.

It's really cool, cloudy and overcast today. Kind of nice if you ask me - compared to those crazy shvitzy heatwaves we had just 2 short weeks ago.

2 hours til mealtime and 3.5 til the fast starts.

I'm thinking it's kind of bad that all I've managed to drink is about 1/4 liter of water today and I'm pretty sure most of it's already out.

Well - g'mar chatima tovah to everybody and hopefully see you on the other side.

Easy and meaningful fasts and tefillot to everybody too!

No comments: