Thursday, October 07, 2010

Carrot Soup

It's so funny how things can change. In high-school I loved having my own room. Now that I'm all grown-up I have my own apartment - so sharing a room doesn't bother me as much. (Ok - maybe the happy-feeling is just knowing that the mess is my mess and that if I want it cleaned that I've got to clean it - rather than having a loving mother (or very agitated sister) boss me around and make me clean when I don't want to...)

I have gone away multiple times without Z in the 2.5 years that we've been married. But - it's always me leaving and going off on some adventure. I'm never the one stuck at Home alone. (Well, sometimes for a night - thanks to stupid school projects and procrastination - but never for a week at a time.)

What I'm trying to say is - I didn't sleep so well last night. I kept waking up and looking over at his bed and wondering when he'd be getting Home - then I'd remember through the exhausted fog that I was stuck in that it's going to be a while. It was kind of sad. Thank goodness I've got Toffee.

At 5:45 this morning I was wide-awake and I seriously considered getting up and starting my cooking for Shabbos. The only reason that I decided to read instead was because I figured I'd need something to occupy my afternoon.

At 7:00 this morning the earth-mover started doing his job. Now that the building-freeze is over the construction crews have to make up for lost time. Yesterday they were out there from 7am-5pm. I'm assuming that this will be the schedule from here-on-in. I'm hopeful that they don't work in the rain and on top of that I'm hoping it's a super-duper rainy winter. I already miss my quiet!

By 9:00 I was fed up so I decided to do some productive stuff. I started by watering the plants. I took the stuff for Shabbos out of the freezer to defrost so that I can cook later. I put up a big pot of chicken soup (cause even though I've got a container in the freezer - it's so nice to have the house smell like chicken soup on erev-shabbos!) I put away all of the dishes and put in a load of laundry.

Becca came to stay with me today and she'll be keeping me company until I pack up and move to The Sun House for a bit.

She was awesome today - she washed dishes and got me off of my lazy tush and together we got quiche crust ready, baked a batch of apple pie bars and a batch of blondies.

There's a whole batch of work left for tomorrow. I wasn't quite as productive today as I should've been. I've still got to clean bathrooms, wash laundry, cook, make up a few beds, polish the candlesticks and a whole bunch of other chores.

It's 8:30pm and I am zonked (though I'm not quite sure from what.)

11 nights and 10 days til' Z comes Home...

No comments: