Tuesday, October 05, 2010

“Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired”

Woke up at a little after 7 this morning. Probably had something to do with going to sleep on the early side last night. Funnily enough I was still tired. Imagine that.

Z davened shacharit and took down the sukkah and while he was busy I cooked up a batch of hash-browns for breakfast. The red-skinned potatoes I had were the kind that get sort of mushy and not crunchy. Not complaining though - they tasted really good. Especially since I had the green pepper to put in too. Sounds crazy - but the dish just doesn't taste the same without the pepper.

Once the sukkah was all put away in the hall under the stairs I washed the 'wall-cloths' and we put them away with all of the decorations. Since we were in the guest room Z decided that it was time to 'organize' - so he cleaned off the shelving unit and went through all of the drawers. I sorted through 2bags of clothing (and got rid of a bag and a half of it.) Finally we moved all of my old school-notes (that I went through a couple of months ago) and whatnot from the office into the guest room.

Once the guest room was organized we tackled the office. I dusted the bookcases (for the first time in over a year) and it was a disgustingly dirty job. I went through most of a roll of paper towels - I guess that's what happens when you have a dust-storm blow through the apartment every 2 weeks or so. We either need to get doors for the bookcases or dust more often...

After cleaning the shelves, moving around a couple of books (3 shelves worth) and reorganizing the knick-knacks - we were able to organize the router and all the other blinky-light apparatuses on an empty shelf near the wall with a little lamp. Z also set up the printer on a snack-table next to the couch - which means our fax/copier/scanner/printer is now good-to-go (all from the comfort of the couch - of course.)

We threw out 3 enormous bags of garbage. Gosh it felt good!

Lunch was lasagna and cream-cheese sandwiches. Now I'm feeling quite ill so I'm curled up on the couch and Z is washing all of the dishes and straightening up the kitchen. I hope he doesn't want dinner - I'm feeling too gross to even heat something up for him in the microwave.

I'm a terrible wife and meanwhile he's trying to get the whole house in order before he leaves.

He's leaving tomorrow. I'm really sad about it. On the one hand I wish I were going too (even though travelling would be the worst possible option for me) or I wish he wasn't going (but he has to go because he needs to see his family) - basically it's lose/lose for me. Partly it's because I'm so selfish and don't want to be home all alone when I feel so miserable 80% of the time and partly because I'm gonna miss him a lot.

Ok - mostly because I'm gonna miss him a lot.

1 comment:

Rik said...

I wish you could come too!

I'm sorry you're gonna miss him. I hope girls weekend will help that!