Sunday, October 03, 2010

Oatmeal Creme

Ever spent a day facing a zillion and one fears?

Well - I was really busy today doing just that.

First order of business - a blood test. They filled up 4 vials! Did I mention that I went in all alone? I know - seems silly - but it was a pretty darn big deal for me. (Remember how much I hate needles?)

Second order of business - calling random strangers. I know - I supposedly faced this fear working in an office for 3 years - still, when it's about very personal subjects it gets kind of weird and hard to do.

Lastly I got behind the wheel of not just 1 but 2 cars today. I haven't driven anywhere since April 29, 2007 so I was kind of really super duper extremely nervous about the whole thing. Luckily for me - the proverbial 'they' weren't kidding when they said that driving is one of those things that you just don't forget how to do. You know - like riding a bike and breathing...

Still - driving that practically new 2009 Chevy Cruze was kind of nervewracking - might've been that it's such a 'boy car' and it didn't help that the sporty little thing was that crazy bright blue color! Nevertheless at the end of the day it was exhausting but it was also a lot of fun.

Back at home dinner was a desperate attempt to finish off some of the many leftovers from chag and shabbos.

Speaking of shabbos - it's coming up again - but not until we get Home, Z leaves for the USofA, Becca comes to stay by me and keep me company in my utter loneliness then a craaazy busy girls shabbos. We've got all the beds booked and the menu planned. (It's all a ploy to empty out the freezer.) Oh yeah - and Raizi is bringing turtle-brownies - YUM!!! Yay for sisters!!!

No comments: