Saturday, October 23, 2010

Snack Sized

Shabbos was quiet and relaxing. Basically it was exactly what I needed. This was (almost unbelievably enough) the very first weekend (since July) that we were Home alone together. Thinking back that seems hard to believe - but looking at my 'yoman' it's a fact.

Thankfully the temperature decided to be slightly more seasonally appropriate so the chicken soup was perfect in the chilly night-air. I made a simple Italian-style chicken (roughly chopped garlic, halved cherry tomatoes, kosher salt, pepper, olive oil and a splash of dry white wine) and we had couscous on the side to soak up the sauce.

Lunch today was light and brunch-y. I went with a tossed green salad and the ever-popular vegetable lasagna (I even put 2 into the freezer for some day in the near future when I'm too lazy to cook.)

The day passed really quickly and before I was ready it was time to drip havdalah-candle-wax on the tablecloth and straighten up the apartment. Then it was homework/quiet time.

This week should be fun. Sara D might be joining us for dinner tomorrow night and Meanma wants me to drive to Tel Aviv on Monday (eeeek!) to go fabric shopping.

Good news is that I've been feeling slightly better the last few days (don't get too excited - there's still a REALLY long way to go) but it's a beginning and I'm hopeful and optimistic.

There's even talk of getting a gym-membership at the nearby 'country club' and now that I've got my pedometer it's definitely time to start walking.

After all - I have a gown to fit into in just 2 short months...

No comments: