Thursday, October 21, 2010

Two Month Old Fuzz

Our shopping expedition yesterday was extremely successful. It's so much fun to be able to buy frozen stuff, drive home and then put the frozen stuff into the freezer before it's completely defrosted! Gosh I feel like a spoiled brat! (No nasty comments please...Thanks in advance.)

Last night Ora and Shlomo joined us for dinner. I wound up making plain ol' un-baked ziti since it was a last-minute sort of thing. Still the company was really nice and we really enjoyed meeting Shlomo.

Thankfully the temperature dropped last night and when I woke up this morning it was delightfully almost chilly. The afternoon has arrived and the thermometer is holding steady at 10 degrees cooler than yesterday. A bazillion heartfelt thanks to The Big Guy Upstairs.

Z had to leave by 7:30 to catch a bus from school to Tel-Aviv for a 'school trip' - so it was an early morning. I was a nice wife though and made him 2 peanut butter & jelly sandwiches to take for lunch. I even packed him a snack-sized Twix bar - cause I'm just so sweet like that. (Again - no comments.)

I lazed around and did some laundry until it was time to head out to do a couple of errands. Have I mentioned how convenient it is to be able to drive directly to where I need to be and then leave when I'm done there?! It's incredible!

Back at Home I did some more laundry (I'm catching up from the last 2 weeks.) I should really start cooking for Shabbos. Luckily while I was getting chicken out of the freezer (we're trying this kind of chicken this week) this morning I stumbled upon 3 loaves of challah (so I guess I don't need to bake) and a container of chicken soup not to mention a whole bunch of matzah balls. So I'm already further along than I'd anticipated. I've just got to put together the lasagnas (one for lunch and one for the freezer.)

I'm still trying to decide what to make for dinner. I took some chicken-breast out of the freezer so maybe I'll make something special. It is the first night I'm cooking a 'real' dinner in a couple of weeks - so might as well make it something special. Right? And if I'm lazy and just saute the chicken and make a sauce for with it then I can make chicken pot-pie with the leftovers next week. Hmmm, this is sounding like a very good plan.

Time to get cooking - wish me luck!

No comments: