Monday, December 27, 2010

Carnawho?

Sunday was pretty boring. Aside from eating 2 (big) bags of potato chips and ingesting almost 1/2 a batch of oat-flour brownies I didn't do too much. Well, I did boil 5 potatoes so that I'd have slightly more healthful snacks on hand. Pathetic - huh?

Monday wasn't really any better (though there were no potato chips left to snack on- so I guess that's a bright side.) I cooked up a big pot of chicken soup (which I'm looking forward to eating tomorrow after it cools and the fat can be skimmed off of it.) I also washed dishes - lots and lots of dishes.

I finally managed to make an appointment for a waxing for tomorrow - so at least my eyebrows won't look like scary hairy monster-brows at the wedding. (That's a good thing. Trust me.)

Z and I had a weigh-down competition for my weekly weigh-in and I'm holding at .7 kilo more than him. I'm just pretending that it's because my socks weigh more than his.

The whole fambily is hanging out with the cousins in Jeru tonight but we couldn't make it because Z had class until late - well, he was supposed to - but he ditched so that he could do homework - we're not going to go into details - all I'm going to say is that architecture school is stupid. Oh - have I said that before? sorry for the repetition - but if it's true...

For lunch today I sauteed a finely diced onion in freshly-pressed olive oil (from Neat Kedumim) then I threw in about 4 cloves of minced garlic - I let it all get nice and soft before adding 200 grams of tomato paste and about 1/3-1/2 cup water and a whole bunch of seasonings including; salt, pepper, chili powder, oregano and parsley. I poured that over pasta and then tossed it with some grated mozzarella cheese. I threw the whole shebang in the oven to stay warm until Z came Home from school. Then I did the inane and ate about 1/2 a bowlful. Thanks to the caution I've been taking with the 'careful eating' diet - the effects were relatively minimal and I'll probably suffer more tomorrow - but it's good to know that the worst that might happen is spending a whole lot of hours feeling really sick and miserable. (Oh yeah - and getting *itchy - that's actually a clinical side-effect. As if I needed any more excuses than being female.)

Sisters and cousin want me to come into Jeru tomorrow to go on a shopping spree - but I'm not overly interested in doing the drive solo (especially after my pasta/onion/garlic/tomato paste (+ corn syrup) /chili powder - fest of a lunch today.)

Guess we'll have to wait and see. I have a feeling I won't be going too far though...

1 comment:

Rik said...

No more eating bad things this week! You have a dress to fit in to young lady!