Thursday, December 09, 2010

Printers & Wipers

I've been waking up much later than usual - I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that my body heals while I sleep - so it's actually a good thing that I've been sleeping so much.

Popped out of bed at 8:30 this morning and got right to work. 5 loads of laundry, neverending project work, changed the sheets, sorted/organized/ all of the skirts from my closet (I love how there are 3 piles - 'tooo tooo big', 'kinda big' and 'juuuust right' - obviously the last ones are my favorite.

The only cooking I did for Shabbos involved putting up a huge pot of chicken soup.

Then on a whim I decided to experiment and brave the 'angel food cake' (since I had 3 egg whites in my freezer - which had somehow escaped my notice a few months ago on my insane meringue making binge.) Anywho - I was too stingy to use 10-11 egg whites (even though I had 3 already) so I decided to chance making 1/2 a recipe - in my full size tube pan... It smelled pretty good when I took it out of the oven - and it's about 1/2 as high as a full recipe probably would've reached - so I'm assuming it might actually have worked out. We'll know more after Shabbos - either way we're eating it for dessert - I think I'll whip up some whipped-cream to go along with it - even though strawberries will probably never be a part of my diet again. I'll try to remember to take some pictures tomorrow when there's sunlight...

Believe it or not that just about sums up my day. I accomplished a lot but feel like I did nothing. It's such a strange sensation.

Anywho - it's 8:30pm and Z just walked in from school so I'm gonna go feed him a delicious dinner of french-fries and delicately seasoned little white fishie. Aren't I sweet?


No comments: