Friday, February 04, 2011

Scared by a Towel...

Leave it to me to check the weather and then proceed to walk out into pouring rain wearing sweatpants & a long skirt. There was a lot of musical-parking going on in the parking lot in town. People were parking in spots, then pulling out and parking a couple of spots down, then pulling out and parking in 3rd spots - it was confusing to keep track of.
We picked up everything that we needed and when we got back Home our parking spot was still vacant. (Yes, that made me happy.) I made rice and couscous and behold - Shabbos cooking is basically done. All that's left is to put things into the oven 1 hour before candle-lighting so that they can go straight from oven to plata.

I also had 1-loaf worth of 'no knead' dough in the fridge from last week. Today is actually Day 10 so I decided to bake it up as rolls. I got 5 cute little rolls out of the dough. (I'm guessing a full batch would make about 20.) Z enjoyed his with cheese.
Now the house is clean, the last of the laundry is in the dryer, the sheets have been changed and I'm pretty sure we're ready for Shabbos. Just a couple of dishes left to wash and that's that.
Hope everybody has a relaxing day of rest!

I'm off to start resting early.

1 comment:

SciReg said...

Oh, it is a great post! I really like it! ^_^