Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Bless Herzl Gopher...

Considering we got Home from the wedding after midnight and went to sleep after 1:30 I figured I'd get to sleep late. Unfortunately my stomach had other ideas and a raging stomach-ache woke me up at 6:45 this morning. (Not on account of food - it's 'other problems' today.) Anywho I was mean because I woke up Z and sent him to the kitchen to make a hot water bottle for me - which he did and I love him for it.

By 9:30am I was bored out of my mind. I didn't really want to spend the day in bed so I decided to make myself some breakfast. I wasn't really hungry though - so I procrastinated by washing part of the large accumulation of dirty dishes from the counter. Just as I finished washing the dishes my cell rang. It was Sara wondering whether I was going grocery-shopping this week. I admitted that I had a list written up but that I hadn't decided on a time or day to go. She suggested leaving in an hour - I said '10 minutes' and she agreed.

So - I downed 2 Tylenols, put a skirt over my sweatpants, switched into my 'outside boots', grabbed my wallet and headed out.

We went to Yesh and did our shopping, then at the campus the guard at the gate let me pull the car onto campus to drop everything off. I finally met Sara's roommate and we all shmoozed for a while.

Eventually I decided to leave because I figured it would be a good idea for me to check on Z's 'project progress'...
The good news is that he's hard at work - the bad news is that it's an extremely complex model and it's taking a really long time to get any significant amount of work done on it. We're hoping that he'll actually get most of it finished by Friday morning - when it's due.
Z ate yellow rice and a little white fishie for lunch. I made myself 'comfort food' (6 Tbsp of 'stars' - I know, I know - pasta isn't good for me, but I felt that I deserved it after being a good sport and eating more or less properly before the wedding last night. Also cause I made it through the wedding and even left the house today! I'm so proud of me! Anyway, I figured the pasta couldn't really make my stomach any worse - and I'm not planning on going anywhere for the rest of the week - so who cares if I'm bloated up like a balloon?!) Even more excitingly, I enjoyed my bowl of 'stars' with a glass of cranberry-shpritz. (After 'chancing' Craisins on Shabbos, I decided to trial cranberry juice - it's got sugar listed (not corn syrup or weird sweetener) so I figured it might be ok. So far so good and it was nice to drink something other than water or unsweetened tea for once.)

Also - I replanted my mint - remember how I was trying to sprout roots on a cutting in a jar on the kitchen counter? Well, I figured that the roots had gotten long enough to be planted in dirt... So - a dead plant was uprooted and I put the mint in!
I'm kind of really in the mood to make bagels - I know, I'm a crazy person - but I love baking bread - there's something ridiculously comforting about it.

I'm not sure where the week has gone - I can't believe it's almost half over already!

Slow down!!!

No comments: