Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Pogo Bowtie

Brrrr - it's chilly! Helloooo winter! Here's a shot from our brunch yesterday at CafeCafe in The Sun House.
Isn't that just the nicest looking cappuchino this side of the river Jordan?
This morning I woke up at a little after 8. (Since the weekend fiasco I've been sleeping close to 11 hours every night but still don't feel rested or refreshed. I've started taking the super-duper multi-vitamins so I'm hoping that they'll sort out the exhaustion issues in a couple of days/weeks. Regardless - I'm assuming that the stress of the weekend took a lot out of me and that my body needs another 'healing period' which is why I've been spending so much time asleep.)

I went to Mega this morning and bought a whole stash of cheese. Mozzarella, cheddar, Parmesan and some 24% Bulgarian. I figure it's a good way to add fat, calories and even a bit of (non-meat) protein to my diet. (Have I mentioned that I'm sick of having people tell me that I'm anorexic?!!? I am NOT anorexic by any stretch of the imagination. I choose not to eat foods that make me physically ill. So - if you want me to eat food then don't force me into situations where there is no suitable food available for my diet. Simple as that. Oh - and incidentally - YES I prefer to eat in the safety and comfort of my own home when/where I know exactly what has gone into the food-making process. This is a slight neurosis but I'm sure it will wane as my body begins to feel better and as times drags on.)
It rained and drizzled and the sky was cloudy and gray. So I decided to do some 'spring-time' activities. We took cuttings from our basil plant right before the cold-spell hit. We had it sprouting roots in a little jar on the kitchen-counter. The roots had finally gotten long enough to plant. So - plant I did. I moved the planter into the (relative) warmth of the living room and got to gardening.

Now I'm trying desperately to save the mint too. It was doing so well until recently - and I'm hoping that it's not too late to sprout some new plants from cuttings. Hopefully in the next few weeks roots will sprout and grow...
Tomorrow should be fun. Grocery shopping in the afternoon with Sara & Yael. I think my list is basically finished and organized. I've also got to bake some rolls and some white bread for Z. Now that the freezer stash is gone he's been looking for bread. Mind you - as soon as it's baked he'll want something else. What else is new...?

No comments: