Thursday, February 17, 2011

Zugos & Zuzims...

"Please don't vomit on me."

Yeah, today was quite an interesting day.

Z actually set an alarm this morning - so that he would make the 6:45am bus to his school field trip. Of course his alarm woke me up. So my 7am I was wide awake.

I got out of bed and got dressed. I then proceeded to wash all of the dishes from last night (there were A LOT of them.) I also straightened up the living room and the office. I washed a load of laundry. I also collected the garbage from the bathrooms and kitchen and then took it all out to the curb.

At around 12:45 Sarah Leah and I packed up the car and took off into the wild blue yonder. 5 --> 444 --> 1 --> 38 and finally 1 hour and 10 minutes later we arrived in The Sun House.

After parking the car and saying 'hi' to Meanma and Yo'Abba I walked Sarah Leah out to the bus-stop. The bus came after a short 5 minute wait and as I walked back toward the stairs I ran into a friend that I haven't see in a long long while. Seeing as he had just missed the bus to Jeru we had 15 minutes to shmooze before the next one came. The quarter-hour flew by and he got on the bus with a promise of finishing the convo on Shabbos. (I'm holding you to that - even though I didn't wait at the bus-stop like I said I would...)

Back at the house we had a delicious lunch of last night's leftovers. Then The Crazy Lady and I went out to do some shopping at the cute little store on Tzora - we bought a couple of new shirts for Frank (aka Drummer Boy - but we're between names for him at the moment.) We also bought THE cutest little tea-bag plate for Phil - it's got the funniest little ram on it. I really have to take a picture of it - maybe tomorrow.

After a quick pit-stop at the house we picked Frank up from school and then went to 'Golans Store' to buy fun kitchen-gadgets. I got a present for Mr & Mrs Freddie. I also got myself some cheesecloth. The most exciting part was the 'cloth bags' that we got with our purchases. (It pays to be friends with the guy who runs the store. Talk about protexia.)

Z made it to The Sun House a few minutes before Phil got home. Then it was dinnertime. Meanma had a brisket in the crockpot slow-cooking all day and it smelled heavenly. We enjoyed it with pasta (rice spaghetti's for the fructozoids.)

After dinner Phil made some barley-flour blondies and we ate them warm and gooey from the freezer while we watched last night's episode of Modern Family.

I'm thinking it's time to set up our room and go to sleep. I am absolutely exhausted. Good thing it's almost Shabbos!

No comments: