Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Stodgy = 27

When I woke up this morning it was raining. Actually, it was the rain drumming on the roof and the wind howling in through the 'tris-box' that woke me up in the first place. I shouldn't complain though - instead of the 'usual' 6:40am wake-up from the construction machinery - I was 'allowed' to sleep-in until 7:05. Very kind - don't you agree.

Z and I started playing a game of Scrabble but took a break when I decided to apply myself to a graphics project. Truth be told - he didn't want to play the game any more because I was winning.

Eventually we buckled down and started cleaning the office. As you may (or may not) know - our office was in serious need of both a Pesach cleaning and a Spring cleaning. The dust was so thick that we tried to avoid all flat surfaces and things kept falling off of shelves. Did I mention the big unidentifiable sticky-spot on the floor under the couch? Yeah - so I guess that's one of the dangers of being 'grown-up' - no parents to force you to clean... Suffice it to say that it took almost 8 hours to go through all of the junk. We also dusted all of the bookcases (and books), reorganized the shelves, wire-tied all of the cables and plugs so that they're all neat and threw stuff out.

For dinner I cooked up a 'little white fishie' and heated up some leftover Bulgur for Z. Note to self: Z does not like bulgur. (Whoops.) I ate a couple of mint chocolate chip truffles, some FF cookies and more potato chips. (Did I mention that I polished off a 'big' 200 gram bag of chips today?)

In exciting news - I've been offered big pot by the Mean'ma. 16 liters-worth of chicken-stock making goodness. It'll be all mine right after Pesach and for some reason the thought of it makes me very very happy.

I'm getting a little stressed out about this upcoming Shabbos. We're having a guest and that complicates matters because I really can't afford to have any leftovers but I need to actually serve food. I also really don't want to go to the grocery store. Not quite sure how to proceed. Frustration. Frustration. Frustration. *sigh*

So here we are - it's 11:30 at night and Z is nowhere near done with his schoolwork. Due to our 'cleaning break' today he didn't get to do any work which means he'll probably be working all night tonight. There's a presentation on Thursday so he'll probably work all night tomorrow too. Stupid school.

Tomorrow I'm going to be busy again. I've got a newsletter to lay out, a book-cover to work on, a stuffed animal collection to wash (yes, it's bath-time), flour to use up (I'm thinking hamburger buns for our bbq on Sunday), grocery shopping to do, a kitchen to clean, shabbos pre-prep to take care of, packing (for a week+) to consider and there's some other stuff that I don't have energy to think about now too.

On a funny note - for the last 4 years in a row I have been crazy strict about not eating potato chips on Pesach (because I tend to over-do it) - but this year they're going to be my food staple. How amusing is that? Do you reckon I'll gain weight over the week? I'm thinking I'll probably lose a bit since I won't be able to eat any of my awesome oat-flour cookies. Ah well - I'm sure it'll come right back the week after. I really to love my thin-mints and peanut-butter chocolate chip treats. Curse you Passover 'Holiday' Week!

No comments: