Monday, May 02, 2011

Dale & Chip

Once upon a time there was a family of monkeys. There was a Mommy Monkey, a Papa Monkey and a Little Monkey. The Mommy and Papa Monkeys loved their Little Monkey very very much.

One day Little Monkey looked a little bored and forlorn.So, Mommy and Papa Monkey decided to give him a toy to play with. It was a highly intriguing collapsible sphere of sorts made up of all sorts of colors and shapes. The Little Monkey was very excited about his new toy. He played with it and played with it but then it started to get boring to just open it and close it.
So he decided to play make-believe. He decided to fly to the moon in the collapsible sphere.
He made it to the moon and back - twice. It was all fun and games until he tried to get out. Then he realized that he was stuck. It took help from Mommy Monkey, Papa Monkey and an undisclosed amount of baby-oil to get him out - but eventually he was free.
Little Monkey had a lot of fun on the moon but he decided that he wouldn't be making the trip again (any time soon) especially in the collapsible sphere.
It's been a long day. I watched them dig another big hole right behind our house. The building keeps shaking from the excavation. I made a batch of FF potato latkes because I was craving something salty to eat. It was quite warm today. Z took the laptop down to studio so I was bored for a while, until I remembered that we have a 2nd computer and turned it on.

Frankly, the most productive thing I did today was washing and folding 1 load of laundry. (I had to do a wash because I ran out of kitchen-towels.)

I was hoping that Z's friends would come over for a game night and was very much looking forward to making chicken-wings and pretzel dogs - but they all have projects to work on so they asked for a rain-check.

Alright - enough of this. I'm going to make some rice then maybe I'll read for a while. Z won't be Home for at least another 2.5 hours...

Gosh I dislike Mondays.

No comments: