Sunday, May 15, 2011

Shiitake Dipstick!

For dinner Thursday night I decided to try something new. Sarah Leah was set to arrive at around dinner-time so I figured I'd make something light, nutritious and delicious. I somewhat followed this recipe for couscous stuffed tomatoes and aside from the fact that I probably should have left them in the oven a tiny bit longer they seemed to be well accepted by my taste-testers. I served them with some little white fishies for protein.
Friday morning it was kind of overcast but Z and I went to town to run a few errands. I needed to pick up some vegetables and we had to stop off at the post office to pick up a package.

Z was very excited about the package, since it was a shaver for him. (He's sick of his beard and since it's been 3 years he wants to 'try something new' - though, I don't think it'll actually last.)

Anyway, we picked up the package and when we got home he ripped open the wrappings only to discover that the place had sent the wrong model. Poo! I called them up and asked what had happened. They were extremely apologetic and told me that if I mailed the 'wrong' one back to them that when they received it they would send out the 'correct' one with a courier service straight away.
Shabbos was super long. The food was good though. The afternoon dragged on seemingly forever and I napped a lot more than I should have - which resulted in a ridiculously late bedtime Saturday night - which was interrupted multiple times by some allergic-congestion... Summary - a really long Saturday following a really long Friday with no good sleep. I hate Shabbos in the summer. Seriously. Also - the weird weather really creeped me out. It's not supposed to rain and pour with thunder and lightning in mid-May - is it?

Friday Night: roasted garlic, salatim, chicken soup with matzah balls, Hawaiian chicken, rice, green beans.

Lunch: salatim, broiled salmon, FF potato salad, FF potato kugel, carrot kugel, sliced veggies basket (green, yellow & orange peppers, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, cucumbers, carrots)

Seudah Shlishit: leftovers from lunch, couscous salad

Desserts: FF brownies, chocolate chip cookies, FF PB CC cookies
Sarah Leah had to leave Motza"sh because of an 8am class on Sunday morning. They enjoyed some pizza and calzone from the freezer stash for melava malka and then she was off to catch the bus.

This morning Z woke up late (even though he was supposed to meet a friend at 9am to work on a school project.) I wound up driving him down to the campus on my way to the post-office to mail off the package containing the 'wrong' shaver. There weren't too many people on line ahead of me at the post office and I was in-and-out in about 15 minutes. Then I was Home way too quickly - even though I had to take the long way around because of some construction on the main-road.
I'm trying to figure out what to do for the rest of the day.

On Friday I noticed that the pepper seeds I had planted are actually growing - the little shoots are pushing up through the soil. I wonder if I'll actually get any peppers off of them. That would be so exciting!

There are a few snail-mail letters that I'm supposed to write and send out. I also have a bunch of arts-n-crafts projects to finish. I'm also supposed to bake some FF treats for myself, and am thinking that maybe I should make another batch of almond milk - since it was a superb thing to have on hand.

I really need to figure out my schedule for the week. I need to go grocery shopping at some point - I'll be in Petach Tikva on Thursday, so I keep thinking of going then - except I want to do most of my cooking on Wednesday which means I need the groceries before then. Tuesdays Z has no class so nothing gets done around the house. Wednesday I need to make Challah and possibly cookie dough. Thursday I'm supposed to be hanging out with Freddie, opening a business 'tik' (yes, finally), Taking Sara to the dentist so she can have a wisdom tooth removed then taking her home (or to my house) for weekend recuperation, Artists-4-Israel are coming back to The Holy Land and there's a BBQ for them Thursday night. Friday I'll be cooking and getting ready for Shabbos and having 1 sleep-over guest. Shabbos lunch I might be having 3 graffiti-artists join us for the meal although I'm not sure yet...

Like I said - I don't really have any idea what's flying - all I know is that it's going to be a pretty busy week.

No comments: