Saturday, June 18, 2011

Faqir Esq.

Shavua Tov everybody! Shabbos was incredibly nice this weekend. It was long but it wasn't too boring and/or lonely. All of the food came out amazingly delicious. (Well, aside from the fact that white-skinned potatoes never seem to cook - the scalloped potatoes were in the oven for 2 hours yesterday and then on the plata for almost 3 hours and Z claimed that they were still 'raw' - he also didn't like the new recipe for brownies that I attempted as the base for 'Turtle Brownies' - but I'm pretty sure that was because he likes fudgey brownies and because my caramel somewhat flopped - it was my first try EVER so cut me some slack...)

At a little before 10pm the 'game crew' arrived. They were all stuck in Ariel for the weekend in order to maximize time for building their enormous studio project. (Can you tell that this whole studio thing is a REALLY big deal?!) Anywho - they took a 'shabbos-break' and wound up at our house. They brought beer and I made snacks - so they were set for 2 rounds of Settlers.

The weather was amazing this weekend. Not too hot and not too cold - sunny but not unbearably so. I was thrilled - I even spent some time in the sun to boost my vitamin-D levels.

Speaking of vitamin levels - it's time to get my vitamin-levels re-checked! Hopefully they've stabilized (normalized) like my weight! Can you believe it's been 30 weeks since my FructMal diagnosis? Craziness indeed.

The birthday countdown is in full swing. My birthday present to myself is a mani/pedi in Jeru with a friend which I am really really excited about!

A whole new week is beginning but I'm already excited for it to end - Soldier-boy is coming for Shabbos next week and I am very much looking forward to it!

No comments: