Thursday, July 21, 2011

Not Italian?

I woke up bright and early this morning to the sounds of heavy machinery clanking around outside. After about 45 minutes of aimlessly rearranging all of the attachments they turned off the big machine and left - for the day. Utter stupidity.
I had a long list of things to accomplish but only got about 3 done. Thankfully Z was great and actually did his chores in a timely manner of sorts.

In the meantime I baked up a couple of things and had a brainstorm with regard to a fun project.
As you may or may not recall - we'll be in The Sun House for Shabbos. I assumed that we'd be heading over there early Friday morning but at a little after 4pm we got a call saying, "S&S and The Freddies are coming for dinner. Maybe you want to come too?" I briefly freaked out, threw my clothes into a suitcase and tried to straighten up the stuff I'd been leaving to clean when it cooled down - then by 5 we were in the car zooming down the highway.

It was more or less clear sailing (aside from the last kilometer and a half on the major-est highway) and we made it to the fambily Home smack-dab in the middle of dinner. There was still plenty of food though so we just pulled up chairs and dug right in.
I completed my fun project while team-effort of Phil & The Crazy Lady did the first steps of FF Milano Cookies. I had free hands by the time the cookies were ready to be glazed/iced and sandwiched. We did half with chocolate/mint and the other half with chocolate/almond. They are pretty darn tasty!

Tomorrow there's loads to do - hard to believe it's Friday again.

If you're trying to get in touch with me - don't be sad if you can't. I'll be on a screen-diet until some point late on Sunday afternoon (if not Monday morning.)

Life without technology is so very relaxing.

Except for air-conditioning - of course...

No comments: