Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Jellybeans are Perfect!

Ok ok, so it's been almost a week...

The good news is - we're officially back at Home!

After a highly successful visit to the doctor, The Crazy Lady was super-awesome and drove us Home. Z went to his first day of classes and the girls went out to the grocery store. Good thing we picked up the basics cause Z invited the 'game crew' over for the first game-night of the year.

I'm not sure how I managed, but I wiped down the living room couches and dining room chairs. I also did a load of laundry (including the guest room sheets - which Meanma helped me strip off the bed.) I switched a light-bulb, wiped down the kitchen counter and unpacked most of the suitcases/bags from our month-long vacation.

Then I put together dinner. A big pot of tomato vegetable barley soup, 1-hour buttery dinner rolls, pasta alfredo (cause alfredo sauce is so darn easy to make), and a batch of blondies for dessert. Man oh man it felt good to be back in my kitchen!

Sara came to visit and keep me company after school. Then Z came Home and soon the guys all arrived. Dinner was delightful, I've missed the banter and fun times.

Summer was nice but I'm very happy for a new school-year to be starting. I've missed what I considered 'routine' and can't wait get back into the swing of things. If today was an indication of the good times to come - then I am ready to let them roll!

Bring it on Big Guy - I'm ready!!!

No comments: