Sunday, November 27, 2011

Real Live Puppies!!!

Shabbos was delightful. We enjoyed our Fakesgiving meal Friday night and 'brunch' for the morning meal was also really delicious. Tonny & Tzivia joined us for the weekend and it was so nice to actually spend time with them.

Friday night: roasted garlic, chumus, matbucha, chicken soup with (super fluffy) matzah balls, whole roasted chicken (I butterflied it and it fit in the pan and oven so much more nicely), sweet potato pie (I added 1/4 tsp of cinnamon to the mixture), mashed potatoes, peas, miniature corn muffins.

Shabbos lunch: roasted garlic & cherry tomatoes, chumus, matbucha, pickles, israeli salad, 'salad bar' (big bowl of lettuce, orange segments, craisins, candied pecans, slivered almonds & sweet dressing), sliced veggies (mushrooms, carrots, 3 colors of peppers), carrot kugel, broiled salmon with citrus glaze, tomato onion cheese quiche.

Dessert: a BIG tray of brownies topped with heavenly chocolate ganache.

We shmoozed until 2am Friday night and I was worried I wouldn't wake up on time in the morning but my bio-clock is wound waaaay too well for 'oversleeping' so I was awake at 7am anyway. I woke Z in time for shul and then read for a while until it seemed late enough to get up and get everything organized for lunch.

We spent all of the afternoon playing 2 intense games of 'Cities & Knights' and somehow I won 2 of the 3 games that we played - though I'm still not sure how it happened.

After our guests left we straightened up the apartment a bit and then decided to watch a movie.

Sunday morning dawned cold and bright. The construction workers arrived at the site to turn on the machines, let them run for a bit then they turned them off and left for the day. I have a funny feeling that not too much construction is actually going to get done over the winter.

I don't have too many plans for the rest of the week. Blood-test Tuesday and an appointment at the dr. on Thursday. Grocery shopping on Wednesday with Z (for Shabbos.) Possibly 'game night' Monday (if the guys don't have to spend all night at their 'hagasha' (presentation).

I've already got a tentative menu plan for this week - but I doubt I'll stick to it.
Sunday: Shabbos leftovers
Monday: Penne A'la Vodka & breadsticks
Tuesday: pulled chicken & tortillas
Wednesday: soup from the freezer (carrot or split pea)
Thursday: little white fishies & seasoned potato wedges

I'm also really excited that Kislev is here! I can't wait to get a sufganya! I've decided to indulge in 2 this year - one in honor of rosh chodesh and one on Channuka. Do you reckon I can stick to the plan and control myself? I'm not so sure...but we'll see how it goes.


Chodesh Tov everyone!!!

No comments: