Monday, March 12, 2012

Introducing Gogo!!!

Yesterday was an absolutely beautiful day - sunny and warm for the first time in weeks!
Decidedly a good day to be born.

Congrats to The Freddies who welcomed a sweet 3.86kg baby girl to the fambily!!!
Z & I attended our first Birth&Labor class in Tel Aviv. We found a perfect parking spot, had a delightful class and then enjoyed a delicious breakfast from a little bakery before heading Home.

Z spent the afternoon working on a school project with a classmate. Meanwhile I baked 2 batches of chocolate chip muffins to replenish the depleted freezer stash. Super cheesy baked ziti with chunky tomato sauce was on the menu for dinner. Then I got some snacks ready for book-club which was hosted at our humble abode this month.

We read Gretchen Rubin's The Happiness Project and overall it was quite a fascinating concept - but sure seems like a whole lot of time and effort. At first I was exuberant about setting up my own personal project but the enthusiasm waned as I actually started to think about where/how to begin. Maybe one day I'll try it. I did take a lot of ideas and concepts away from the book. Most notably a life-altering quote:

"The days are long, but the years are short."

Think about it.

No comments: